Monthly Archives: January 2013
Here is a Panang curry recipe that rivals the ones you can order at your favorite Thai restaurant.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup plus 1/8 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch wide x 1/4 inch thick pieces, fry in coconut oil until browned.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ -inch cubes
- 1 to 2 cups Cauliflower (par boiled)
- 1 bunch kale, cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 sprigs of Thai basil cut in thirds
Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add shallots, ginger, and garlic and let cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in peanut butter, turmeric, cumin, and curry paste and let cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk in water, coconut milk, lime zest, brown sugar, and salt until combined. Add tofu, Thai basil, cauliflower, sweet potato, and kale, and bring to a boil stirring frequently. Let simmer, uncovered for about 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve over Jasmine rice.
If you would like to see more frequently updated information and have a more interactive & personal experience with me then please check out my Facebook page.
Here is the Facebook address
Greetings and a happy, healthy new year from the Vegan Gourmand!!
It’s about time a Vegan cooking show hit the main stream media.
So here is a new years present from the Cooking Channel.
Quote from the cooking Channel: “Detroit-born chef, Jason Wrobel, dishes up a sublime fusion of food and humor as host of the new Cooking Channel special, How To Live To 100. Known as the “King of Superfoods,” which are powerful ingredients proven to increase your longevity, Jason turns p the heat and whips them up into culinary masterpieces.”
Start watching and start adding years to your life, literally!