Vegsfest 2013 – Seattle March 23rd & 24th
Vegfest 2013 is quickly coming upon us. Its March 23rd & 24th. (10am -6pm) I attend every year. It is informative and you have a chance to taste the new foods that are hitting the market, sometimes before they are in the stores. There are also free giveaways and many classes you can attend. And much more!
Held at the Seattle Center’s Exhibition Hall (10am – 6pm)
Adults – $8, Kids 12 and under – Free
Tickets available at the door.
Here is their description from the Vegfest website:
“At our annual healthy vegetarian food festival you can:
- Taste free food samples, over 500 different kinds to try;
- See cooking demonstrations by chefs from all over the country;
- Hear the latest information on nutrition from our medical doctors;
- Receive free health checks, including cholesterol, blood pressure, and glucose tests and even artery scans. Limited availability – first come first served.
- Join Vegetarians of Washington at Vegfest to receive a free deluxe tote bag filled with free food and coupons.
- Choose from a huge selection of books;
- Buy our latest book, Say No to Meat! The 411 on Ditching Meat and Going Veg; our updated guide book, Vegetarian Pacific Northwest; our new cookbook, The Veg-Feasting Cookbook, and The Vegetarian Solution, your answer to cancer, heart disease, global warming and more. Current and renewing members are able to buy these books at an extra special discount at any Vegetarians of Washington event. Visit our membership table at Vegfest to learn more.
Many people recognize the health and other benefits of vegetarian food choices, but they are not sure what to eat, what to buy and how to cook it. This festival provides all the support that people need, and it’s fun too. With free health screenings, books and lots of food, there’s something for everyone. There’s even a special kids section where kids can learn about healthy food while having fun, with clowns, face painting and more.”
See Ya there!!