Vegan Gourmand’s Thai Spicy Eggplant
I just love this dish. If the Thai restaurant has it on the menu, I am ordering it, that is unless they can’t make it vegan. I am still in the process of tweaking this recipe a bit but I thought I would share it anyway. Its really good the way it is, I just prefer it a bit sweeter and thicker. Please tell me what you think and if you tweaked it in any way, please share.
3 cups vegetable broth
6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
4 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
2 tablespoons Vegan Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons Corn starch
1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
4 tablespoons minced green onion
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons minced ginger
2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce
1 Tablespoon oil for frying (I use coconut or peanut oil)
1 head broccoli florets par boiled
2 each Carrot, Sliced in thin rounds par boiled
8-10 each Thai basil whole leaves
3 each Thai eggplant sliced at a diagonal and salted
sesame oil for sprinkling on eggplant
sea Salt for sprinkling on eggplant
1. In a large bowl mix together all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
2. Chop eggplant onto 1″ slices, generously sprinkle with sesame oil and sea salt and broil for 8-10 minutes on each side.
3. In a hot wok stir fry the stir fry ingredients together for about a minute then add broiled eggplant stir to cover eggplant.
4. Immediately add sauce mixture and cook on a med high heat for 15 or so minutes until it reached a think consistency
5. Add vegetables & Thai basil. (if adding fried tofu add it at this point also)
6. Stir and cook an additional 2- 3 minutes then serve immediately.
Posted on May 2, 2013, in Recipes and tagged comfort food, diet, Eating Healthy, eating healthy mindset, eggplant, food, health, Recipe, recipes, Spicy, Thai, Thai Food, Vegan, vegetarian, whole foods. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.