Muffin Top Cookie Recipe
Posted by Vegan Gourmand
Have you ever been eating a muffin and just lifted the top of the muffin off and ate it? Well these muffin top cookies are a healthy alternative to those high fat, high calorie, and cholesterol laden ones, you can buy at the store.
1 ripe banana
1 cup vanilla almond milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar or substitute 1/4 to 1/2 cup Agave or another natural sweetener. See note below.
1 teaspoon natural vanilla exstract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut or toasted coconut
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg. F
2. Mash the banana well with a masher or a fork then mix the banana, milk, sugar, vanilla and vinegar in a small bowl until combined well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut then mix in cranberries and chocolate.
4. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, the mixture will be a bit runny, that’s ok this is how it should be, as it sits it will thicken and you will want to re-stir it.
5. Put large tablespoon amounts onto a baking sheet, about 3 inches around and about 4 to 6 per sheet, preferably on a non-stick baking sheet. If you don’t have a non-stick baking sheet then oil the baking sheet a bit beforehand.
6. Bake for about 13 to 15 min. or until golden brown.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
NOTE: You can substitute 1/4 to 1/2 cup Agave or another natural sweetener for the sugar but if you use a liquid sweetener like Agave you will have to cut the liquid (Almond milk) down a bit. Play around with it and have fun.
Photo Credits DelPozzi Photography
Recipe adapted from “The China Study Cookbook“
Posted on June 9, 2013, in Recipes and tagged coconut, comfort food, cookies, Cooking, Eating Healthy, food, health, muffin, Recipe, recipes, Vegan, vegetarian, whole foods. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.