Vegan Basil Ricotta Cheese
I remember as a child smelling the freshly made lasagna baking in the oven. As I looked upon my plate I remember cutting into it with my fork to see the white layers of ricotta cheese holding up each noodle like a fluffy cloud on a summer day. As I became a Vegan this was one of the foods I missed.
Well now I can have that same experience again as a vegan using this recipe to help build my vegan lasagna with “meat” sauce. (a recipe I will have to share sometime) Just spread this Ricotta on every noodle then cover with “meat” sauce and build it three or four layers thick switching between “meat” sauce and noodles spread with Ricotta, its that simple. Buon appetito !!
2 lbs firm tofu, pressed
4 tsp lemon juice
2 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 tsp Sea salt
2 dashes fresh black pepper
20 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
4 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup Daiya Mozzarella Style Vegan Cheese
1. In large bowl, mash tofu with hands until crumbly.
2. Add lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil. Mash with hands until mixture reaches the consistency of ricotta cheese.
3. Add olive oil; stir with fork.
4. Add nutritional yeast and mix all ingredients well with fork.
5. Stir in Daiya Cheese
6. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Posted on May 4, 2014, in Recipes and tagged basil, cheese, comfort food, Eating Healthy, eating healthy mindset, food, lasagna, Recipe, recipes, ricotta, Tofu, Vegan, vegetarian, whole foods. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.