Monthly Archives: April 2016
The 5th Annual 2016 Food Revolution Summit is just two days away! If you want to be informed and empowered and if you want to find out how you can prevent heart disease, cancer, diabetes, fatigue, poor sleep and other heath issues with food as well as improve your over all life then the Food Revolution Summit is for you. The best part is that it is completely FREE!!!! And you don’t have to leave your home to take advantage of it!!
Listen, watch and learn right in front of your home computer!
You will learn from 24 speakers and topics:
- Dr. Dean Ornish, M.D. – The Four Pillars Of Lasting Health
- Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. – How to Eat And Live
- Dr. Neal Barnard, M.D. – How to kickstart Your Health
- Dr. Dan amen, M.D. – The Brain Warriors way
- Dr. Jane Goodall, Ph.D., DBE – Sowing The Seeds Of Hope
- Dr. Mark Hyman, M.D. – Foods That Harm & Foods That Heal
- Senator Cory Booker – Sane Food Policy: We Can Do it!!
- Vani Hari – Protect Your Family From Toxic Food
- Andrew Kimbrell – The Truth About Genetically Engineered Food
- Ritamarie Loscalzo, DC, CCN – Healthy Digestion for a Healthy Life
- Dr. Michael Greger, M.D. – Affordable Super Foods For Lasting Super Health
- Dr. Susan Peirce, Ph.D. – How To Achieve Permanent Weight Loss
- Dr. David Perlmutter, M.D. – The Gut-Brain Connection
- Gene Baur – How Compassion Can Change Your Life
- Dr. David Katz, M.D. – The Optimal Diet For Human Beings
- Ron Finley – Growing Healthy Food & Communities
- Chris Wark – Use Nutrition To Fight Cancer
- Ronnie Cummins – Cook Organic, Not The Planet
- Marion Nestle – Taking On Big Soda (And Winning!)
- Dr. Vandana Shiva, Ph.D – Stand Up For Your Planet
- Dr. Mimi Guarneri, M.D. – Putting Integrative Heath To Work For You
- Dr. Michael Klaper, M.D. – Our Best Hope For A livable World
- Robyn O’Brien – Food Safety: What You Need To Know
- Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D. – Goddesses Never Age
Take advantage of these great minds in health, I know I am!
You will never look at your food the same way again!
Do yourself and your body a favor and check out this outstanding new documentary “Food Choices”. This film is chalked full of the latest health information from the leading scientist and experts in the field of health and nutrition.
You can watch this outstanding documentary for free during the world wide free viewing event that ends in just 14 hours from the time of this post. So get to the site and give the movie a watch you will be so glad you did!
Click on the link below and then click the “Watch the film NOW!” box.
The vegan egg? Sounds like a contradiction. Well Follow Your Heart has a history of producing contradicting foods and this is a good thing. I just love this company and its products.
This product, the Vegan Egg is so close to the real thing its scary. As a matter of fact it was so much like scrambled eggs that I almost could not bring myself to taste it. (it kinda grossed me out, it being so close to real eggs)
I have scrambled them, making breakfast burritos and I have also baked with it making a pan of fresh corn bread which turned out wonderfully!
It comes packaged in an egg carton then sealed in a plastic bag and packaged with a little facts & tips paper flyer.
Two level table spoons of the powder mixed with 1/2 cup of ice cold water makes 1 egg equivalent. There is enough powder to make a dozen eggs. The thickness of the hydrated mixture is thicker than a real egg, which made me double check the instruction to be sure I had used the correct amounts, and I had.
When I opened the bag I could smell a very distinct smell of eggyness (sulfur) which once the water was added and it started to cook went away.
Below I show the different stages of the scramble, it does take a bit longer to scramble than a real egg. This first image below is about 2 minutes into the cooking.
As it continues to cook it becomes thicker and starts to scramble like a real egg until you have what is seen below a vegan scrambled “egg”.
The taste is not really strong of any flavor, actually it was mild to tasteless. The sulfur-eggy smell I had smelled when I opened the bag was completely gone. The texture was definitely egg like as well as the mouth feel. I rolled this scramble into a breakfast burrito and it was good. It also really worked well in a pan of corn bread I made, it was outstanding.
All in all I am looking forward to making more things with it, experimenting with it in recipes that normally require eggs. I am sure we will be seeing a lot more Vegan recipes using this product very soon.
I think it is a great addition to any Vegan’s pantry. I know it has won a place in mine.