Category Archives: Alerts!
Breaking news and alerts
The Veganuary 2017 Survey results are in and are as follows:
- 77% ate vegan food for all of January!*
Of the 23% who did not eat vegan food for the month, 75% were vegan over 50% of the time. And of that 75%, most ate a completely vegetarian diet for all of January. Also, many people are including small slip-ups as failing to complete the entire month, whereas we regard it as a natural part of transitioning. It’s a learning curve! It’s also worth mentioning that a high proportion of omnivores (76%) and pescetarians (75%) completed an entire vegan month. That’s a really fantastic effort by all.
- 97% feel healthier after taking part!**
And 87% have noticed an increase in their energy levels, with another 87% also confirming some weight loss.
- 67% are staying vegan!*
Such amazing news! This figure is made up of 59% of the meat-eaters who responded to our survey, 64% of the pescetarians, and a whopping 75% of vegetarians. Interestingly, 21% are unsure of whether they’re staying vegan or not… If you are one of them, then we recommend you join our Facebook group for kind chat, recipes, and ideas. It’s helped (and helping) a lot of people feel more relaxed during their transition to veganism.
- A huge number are reducing their consumption of animal products!*
95% have stopped eating or reduced their consumption of meat from cows, 94% have stopped eating or reduced their consumption of pigs, and 92% have stopped eating or reduced consumption of chickens. This is life-changing news for animals like Rocky, Ernie and Little Eric!
- 99% recommend Veganuary!*
Veganuary is very much a sum of its parts… We’re nothing without the people who take part. Thank you for trying vegan with us, and for recommending the experience to others. It will make a world of difference to the animals, and to our planet.
*Of Veganuary 2017 Survey respondents.
**Of those who answered this question in the survey.
There is an all new 4 part series called “Prescription: Nutrition”. It brings you the science behind the healthiest foods to eat and takes you on a foodie journey through the world of plant-based cooking.
It featuring experts Dr. Michael Greger, Tracye McQuirter, MPH and chefs Rich Landau and Kate Jacoby from Vedge Restaurant.
New episodes premiere every other week. Unfortunately, it currently can only be seen on Curiosity Stream But you can sign up for a 31-day trial and give it a watch.
That’s right folks its that time of year again where you get to vote for your favorite Vegan products, restaurants, people and organizations.
It only takes a few minutes and its a great way to pay homage to your favorites, not to mention the opportunity to win some great prizes.
Click on the banner above to get started or click here.
A new Vegan life style series is debuting on the A&E channel July 27th @ 7:30am EST. The star and host of the show will be Nafsika Antypas. The show will be called PlantBased by Nafsika.
The show will have cooking demos, interactive segments, interviews with celebrity guests, nutritional experts and more, all while exploring the life style and living healthy.
I say its about time. Lets hope it does well and can continue on for years to come.
Below you will see the A&E show info.
TELEVISION SHOW: Plant-based, by Nafsika
RUN TIME: 30 Min
GENRE: Lifestyle / Food / Health & Wellness
AIRING DATES: July 27th, 2016 – August 31st, 2016
AIRING TIME: 7:30am – 8am
RECURRING DAY: Wednesday
WEEKS AIRING: 6
TOTAL ORIGINAL EPISODES: 12
REACH: 70 Million Households
REGIONS: National, United States
LISTINGS Cable / Satellite / IPTV
DISH NETWORK 119
C-BAND AMC 18 Channel 201
AT&T U-VERSE 1272 / 272 (SD)
SOUTHERN FIBER NET: 1215 / 215 (SD)
(Available on most cable providers)
Impossible Food’s has made a 100% Vegan burger that looks, cooks, tastes and smells like ground beef and even bleeds like a real burger.
It is rumored that it will be offered in selected restaurants in New York, Los Angels and San Francisco first. Then eventually it will be sold like ground beef in the stores and on the menu in other restaurants in the U.S.
From what I have seen it may be too realistic in flavor, look and taste for some Vegetarians and Vegans to stomach. It is so realistic it even bleeds juices when it cooks.
Google tried to buy this company for 200-300 million but was unable to come to an agreement on price. While Microsoft’s Bill Gates has invested in the company.
The possibilities for the use of this product are endless and I can hardly wait to try some as a burger, meat balls, or meatloaf.
Check out the companies website. I am sure they will be creating even more impossible foods very soon!
The 5th Annual 2016 Food Revolution Summit is just two days away! If you want to be informed and empowered and if you want to find out how you can prevent heart disease, cancer, diabetes, fatigue, poor sleep and other heath issues with food as well as improve your over all life then the Food Revolution Summit is for you. The best part is that it is completely FREE!!!! And you don’t have to leave your home to take advantage of it!!
Listen, watch and learn right in front of your home computer!
You will learn from 24 speakers and topics:
- Dr. Dean Ornish, M.D. – The Four Pillars Of Lasting Health
- Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. – How to Eat And Live
- Dr. Neal Barnard, M.D. – How to kickstart Your Health
- Dr. Dan amen, M.D. – The Brain Warriors way
- Dr. Jane Goodall, Ph.D., DBE – Sowing The Seeds Of Hope
- Dr. Mark Hyman, M.D. – Foods That Harm & Foods That Heal
- Senator Cory Booker – Sane Food Policy: We Can Do it!!
- Vani Hari – Protect Your Family From Toxic Food
- Andrew Kimbrell – The Truth About Genetically Engineered Food
- Ritamarie Loscalzo, DC, CCN – Healthy Digestion for a Healthy Life
- Dr. Michael Greger, M.D. – Affordable Super Foods For Lasting Super Health
- Dr. Susan Peirce, Ph.D. – How To Achieve Permanent Weight Loss
- Dr. David Perlmutter, M.D. – The Gut-Brain Connection
- Gene Baur – How Compassion Can Change Your Life
- Dr. David Katz, M.D. – The Optimal Diet For Human Beings
- Ron Finley – Growing Healthy Food & Communities
- Chris Wark – Use Nutrition To Fight Cancer
- Ronnie Cummins – Cook Organic, Not The Planet
- Marion Nestle – Taking On Big Soda (And Winning!)
- Dr. Vandana Shiva, Ph.D – Stand Up For Your Planet
- Dr. Mimi Guarneri, M.D. – Putting Integrative Heath To Work For You
- Dr. Michael Klaper, M.D. – Our Best Hope For A livable World
- Robyn O’Brien – Food Safety: What You Need To Know
- Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D. – Goddesses Never Age
Take advantage of these great minds in health, I know I am!
You will never look at your food the same way again!
Do yourself and your body a favor and check out this outstanding new documentary “Food Choices”. This film is chalked full of the latest health information from the leading scientist and experts in the field of health and nutrition.
You can watch this outstanding documentary for free during the world wide free viewing event that ends in just 14 hours from the time of this post. So get to the site and give the movie a watch you will be so glad you did!
Click on the link below and then click the “Watch the film NOW!” box.
It comes in four flavors!
Here is a link to their website: B & J Website